Monday, November 21, 2011

Five Days Old


We're still here and still truckin'.   SBG is off the ventilator now and has been moved to the Level 2 nursery.  It's just been a little rough with trips to the hospital and managing my symptoms still.  Right now, I'm either pumping, sleeping or at the hospital with Olivia.  I try to work in a little time with Monster Boy and Bunny Girl, but I know those two are showing the strain of the last few days.   SGB is doing well; she’s eating well and responding to the meds.

The main issue is that pesky oxygen...she's not tolerating efforts to taper it.  Right now, she's got 3 more days of antibiotics before they can consider releasing her.  She could stay longer depending on the oxygen issue and the results of the blood test we're still waiting for.  But, I remain hopeful that Thursday will be our magic day!    I'm fine...despite my ER adventures.  Basically, I had a bunch of tests to confirm what we already knew - I had an emergency c-section and lost a lot of blood.  I'm extra weak because of the blood loss...it will get better, just takes time and they'll be doing extra blood work on me over the next few weeks to make sure I'm rebounding. Apparently, I also have an absurd amount of air pockets in my torso/abdomen from the surgery that are causing me considerable discomfort.  Again, it will improve...just takes time.  We're chalking this up to the fast and furious c-section and how things went down that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment