Friday, February 22, 2013

When it rains it pours...

Hello, World!

My poor, little blog has been sadly neglected this month.  We've been bogged down by various plagues in our house.  We've passed so many colds around that I've lost track of who was Patient Zero and who's had which iteration thus far.  Pink eye struck the house last week and. can I just say:  EW?  Seriously, that is a gross deal.  Poor Monster Boy developed an extra "special" case of conjunctivitis that necessitated a trip to the Optometrist this week and even more medications for his poor eye.  Just looking at his icky-eye was painful. The bright side:  I'm now a jedi-master-ninja at squirting eye ointment at the speed of light into the squinty eyes of wiggling, flailing children. Think I can put that on a resume?

Thankfully, or unfortunately, my parents visited that week.  I appreciate the extra set of hands, but the great green gobs of goo kept us home most of the time.  I can't say that my parents got a very good taste of life in Germany but we enjoyed their company and got lots of snuggle and play time in.  They left this morning and I'm praying they don't discover any "souvenirs" from their trip after they return home.  (In the form of icky-eyes or colds!) 

In Army world, we're still doing the never-ending wait for the RFO and Orders.  The promised arrival date in January and then February has come and gone.  I'm trying to keep my cool since I really think our HHG should be on a BOAT heading back to the states by the end of April and the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking away. Never a dull moment...

The good news:  I am STILL managing to stay on the FlyLady bandwagon.  I've been much more successful this year with my Home Blessing Hours.  I've discovered that "half-assing" (pardon the phrase) my chores really does keep my house clean (Despite what my father told me when I shirked my chores as a teenager!)   I've discovered that Monster Boy loves to clean and is a great little helper when we do our "dash around the house" as he calls it.

Also, I'm still LOVING this Bavarian Winter. I still love the snow: tiny flakes, fat flakes, wet flakes or frozen ice pellets!  My only regret is that we haven't had a real heap of snow dumped on us.  The most we've had was about 6-7 inches.

Soldier hasn't had a day off since January 28th and just found out this will be a three-day weekend for him. We're hoping to head to Dresden for kicks and giggles. Don't know what we'll see, don't know what we'll do and don't' know where we'll stay....I'm just hoping everyone stays HEALTHY for a few days of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment