Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Planning Makes Perfect?




We leave for Germany soon.  Yes, I’m a little freaked out.  I’ve been overwhelmed a few times over the last week and have been on the verge of some major crying outbursts but I’m managed to shake them off with only a few tears squeaking out.  I cope with stress and uncertainty by PLANNING.  List, lists, strategy and more!  So, here’s my plan for the BIG ADVENTURE!
   
Our flight leaves at 10:50pm out of BWI and is a direct flight into Ramstein.  It’s about a two hour drive up to BWI but can be longer if DC traffic throws us a curve ball. We land around 6am EST in Germany (noon in Germany) and then have a four hour drive to our new home. I’m very concerned about the kiddos being all out of “good behavior” after the drive up to the airport and the long wait to board. Plus,11pm is very late for the kids; my kids are pretty regimented when it comes to bedtimes and don't do well much after 8:30 or 9pm. (It’s a blessing that they go to bed so well but occasionally a drawback when we really need flexibility!) 

I'm planning to rent a hotel near the airport for the evening and drive-up to BWI early in the day.  After the drive, we’ll play at the hotel and swim in the pool, then dash over to the airport for an early check-in. Afterwards, we’ll grab dinner and get ready to FLY. I'm planning to dress the kids in their jammies. We may look a little goofy but I will do whatever it takes to induce bedtime sleepy thoughts for them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment