Monday, February 13, 2012

You asked for it


I treated myself to some new tops from Banana Republic this week since I'm getting close to my pre-baby weight. I tried them on for Soldier to help me pick which ones to keep.

His comments:
""Wow, it makes your arms look really long"
"That looks comfy"
“You look like a farmer" regarding a cute pink plaid top that I really loved.
“Eh..the sleeves are too short” regarding a really gorgeous dress blouse that made me feel glamorous.

I gave up after that since my self-esteem was in the toilet. I explained to him afterwards that when a recently post-partum woman asks him to admire her new clothes, he should admire effusively unless it really looks horrendous. If it looks that bad, then he should heap on the praise about how skinny said woman is looking and how that top just doesn't show off her great new figure and she should buy more since she really deserves something gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment