Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time Warp




My last post was a couple of weeks ago!  Time really seems to escape me lately.  We've settled in nicely to life in Germany. I still wonder exactly what the big kids think about all this.  Bunny Girl seems to think this is very temporary and that we will be returning to Grammie and Grandpa's house soon.  (Little does she know...much sooner than we ever expected!)  Monster Boy seems to be wrapping his head around the differences.  He likes to ask questions about "this world" and "our old world."

We are celebrating our Sweet Baby Girl's First Birthday soon!  The poor child has a very odd nickname around the house:  DeeDee Baby.  DeeDee has pretty much nothing to do with her name.  It is a shorted version of Bunny Girl's mangled pronunciation of her new sisters name...Dee-Dee-Yay-Yah.  And, no there are no Ds or Ys in her actual name, which is why it was so funny to us. A year later, DeeDee seems to have stuck as a nickname.  Monster Boy and Bunny girl refer to her as their little Deeders. Though, I think I prefer DeeDee, if she has to have a nickname.  (For those of you that know me, you know how I feel about nicknames and why!) 

I was recently invited to attend the AWAG conference up in Ansbach on behalf of the National Military Family Association.  It's about a hour and a half from where we are.  I really loved zooming up the autobahn to get there!  Manning a resource table at a conference can be a little tedious.  It's a lot of work to set up, a lot of standing/waiting/boredom, while the attendees are in their sessions and then 10 or 15 minutes of busy when everyone is on break.  However, I was reminded how much I really enjoy interacting with spouses, talking with them about their military life experiences and sharing resources. 

We took a weekend trip to the Garmish-Partenkirchen area earlier this month, too. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment