Saturday, September 22, 2012

The MommyVan in Germany

I've had my license and been cruising around Germany for almost month now.  We brought the Mommy Van with us to Germany and while I'm happy we did, I do have some regrets about it.  It's great for road trips and cruising, but not so great for zipping around town and parking.  Really, it's about double the size of the smallest German cars and it oozes out of the German parking spaces.  If I had this to do over again, I still would have brought my MommyVan but I would have asked Soldier to make it is commuting vehicle, since it'd be easy to park at his office.  For me, we could have purchased an inexpensive, smaller vehicle to drive around town in.  It might be tricky to find something that could fit three car seats, but I think something along the lines of the Mazda 5 would have worked well for me. 

So, if you are heading our way and in a similar position, I really encourage you to consider this.  As Americans, we are very attached to our big vehicles, our personal space and our concept of "my time."  I'm finding that these are very false attachments and things I am adapting to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment